|New Ministers at ODPM Announced|
17 June 2003
The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister has confirmed its full Ministerial team following last week's frontbench reshuffle, although details of ministers' responsibilities are still to be finalised.
The new line-up is as follows:
- The Rt Hon John Prescott MP, Deputy Prime Minister
- The Rt Hon Nick Raynsford MP, Minister of State
- Keith Hill MP, Minister of State
- The Rt Hon Lord Rooker MP, Minister of State
- Yvette Cooper MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
- Phil Hope MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Christopher Leslie, who became the Minister for e-Local Government last August, has been appointed as parliamentary under-secretary in the newly-created Department for Constitutional Affairs, which will incorporate most of the work of the Lord Chancellor's Department, as well as that of the Welsh and Scottish Offices. The new Department will be headed by the Cabinet Office minister Lord Falconer. Details of who will take over Mr Leslie's portfolio at the Deputy Prime Minister's Office have not yet been announced.
News provided by eGov monitor